Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Better Way To Raise Funds

I was getting extremely sick of making leather, so I decided to look around for better options. My first thought was "Hmm, I'm gonna be twinking, might as well level up First Aid." And that was the solution. Near Sentry Hill in Westfall, there is a small camp of Humanoid mobs. If you kill the last one in the group, another spawns! It is as simple as that.

For maybe 20 minutes, I was grinding the grey mobs, gaining no XP, plenty of linen cloth, random item drops including potions, and armor/weapons from grey to green. I think I made around 80 silver in that time, and that certainly beats crafting. This may be the best non-dungeon route to go if you need to make money without leveling, and I am sure there are more spots just like it.

If any real people read this blog, please comment! Tell me what you want to know, tell me what I am doing wrong, complain about the ads! Click them, but feel free to voice your opinion-I do have a  college education to pay for after all...

3 comments:

  1. Hey, so I am trying to do the same thing. What about fishing for gold? I don't know much about it yet but I figure I will learn with experience. And what are your health stats so far? Do you get most of your gear from dungeons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lance, I suggest avoiding fishing as your main income. Unless you have access to the auction house, fish sell for measly copper. That being said, stick with fishing if only for the +15 Stam hat received from rare fish on Sunday's STV Fishing Extravaganza. Also, Fishing is my Zen time after BG's and dungeons.

    The best is to sell loot from the Gurubashi Arena, or farm trash for equipment to vendor.

    My health is right around 1000 with a food buff, probably 1200 with PW:F on. This was accomplished through mostly dungeon blues, but also items from the satchels and a few PVP rewards. They cost less than 150 honor total. As for the dungeon blues, I ran all of the available dungeons less than 10 times to get all of the gear.

    Please see my armory profile in the top right corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got my 10g. Sentinal Hill isn't a pretty way to do it but I farmed my last 1.5g in about one and a half hours.

    If I could go back, I would just be more careful with gold and collecting and selling things. Anyone that wants to do this should start the dungeons as soon as your character hits level 15. Get as much gear in the dungeons before you turn off xp so you can sell it.

    My first twink character is a druid. Not the best for twinking but it was easiest to experiment with him. Hopefully travel form will come in handy on WSG

    ReplyDelete