Wednesday, August 3, 2011

And so it begins...

My friends, it is time to seize the opportunity. Blizzard seeks to get us hooked on WoW in a mere 20 levels, and compel us to purchase the Battle Chest. Why? Some say greed, others say pure malicious intent to brainwash the world. I for one, don't care.

The starter edition allows a player to do so much in Azeroth that it is a waste to pay for an account in my eyes. Sure, it is a lot of work to gear up your character for competitive play in 15-19. But it is free. The 10 gold cap is a pain, but it is enough to stop your XP! Most importantly, at level 15 you gain access to the dungeon finder for great (okay good) weapons and armor. These will allow you to play well in the battlegrounds and earn honor towards your heirlooms -- yes. The trial accounts can buy heirlooms with honor or justice points.

I am not a PvP savant, but I do enjoy it. I think there is a market for this type of play, and a great community could spring up.

Overall, I hope that followers of this blog will learn how to twink various classes, and become true free masters of World of Warcraft. To this end, I will link my armory page, and build profiles on Wowhead to form ideal builds. Together, we shall stand.

2 comments:

  1. Do you know anyone who has achieved a decent twink yet. Getting a lot of decent gear is possible I suppose. I am looking at the same thing but wonder if I will be competitive without all the high level enchants. Perhaps the best part about trying this is that there will be a large influx of level 19 capped and level 20 capped accounts in the lvl 15-19 and lvl 20-24 BGs. Hopefully that will keep the playing field a little bit more towards my average.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can count on never having the absolute best stats in a BG, but a trial twink can certainly be competitive. If you can maintain a health buff (from an Imp or Priest) and have at least one AGM trinket, you should be around the stat level of the average paid account twink. Enchants are not terribly useful, unfortuantely, because only the minor +1 enchants are available. A notable exception to this is Intellect, which can be increased by 7 with Mana Oil. Still not a +100 health or 25 Agi, but better than Striking for almost everybody.

    ReplyDelete